Environmental. Social and Governance
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) has become a central focus within investment markets, and real estate worldwide. Pressure from end users, investors and government has positively caused a seismic shift in how we as real estate developers and asset managers think about the space we are managing and developing. Reducing both embodied and operational carbon emissions is crucial in reaching the ultimate net zero goal.
We are no longer providing space for businesses to simply operate their businesses from. We are providing space for businesses and their staff to thrive, meeting their own ESG targets and thus ensuring that our assets best placed for both occupational and investment markets.
- Planet Mark Certification in progress
- 100% of developments currently in planning stages target BREEAM Excellent and EPC A/ A+ as minimum (over 1m sq. ft)
- Target 95% renewable energy in landlord-controlled areas by 2023
- BREEAM In Use currently progressing on 360,000 sq. ft of Grade A office space
- Implementation of Equiem tenant engagement platform across office space
- An extensive and regular programme of wellness events including fitness classes; yoga; crafts classes; mental health awareness and food trucks
- Incorporation of extensive break out and common areas within existing and new developments
XLB as a company is proud of the reputation it has developed within the property industry. It is a reputation built on good relationships with all our stakeholders, with both investor partners and supply partners.
A significant part of this reputation is built on trust, trust in our policies and conduct and knowing that these are the cornerstones of our decision-making processes.
This trust is also built on our commitment to our Code of Conduct & Ethics, which holds our employees to the highest standards.